Posts Tagged ‘Online TV’
Times have changed to the point where cable and satellite companies are now being challenged for viewers. According to recent studies, there are more computers in households and sales have climbed for smart phones, laptops and hand-held computers. Adding to this influx of technology spreading across the globe comes Internet TV which can be accessed through Internet-ready computers, TVs, and mobile devices.
Millions of people worldwide have already tapped into the World Wide Web to watch videos online and with the addition of popular television shows streaming over the web, gives new meaning to watching television — the unconventional way.
It’s not who can but rather who can’t enter the web to watch their favorite shows. It’s free and can be easily accessed through any device with an Internet connection – anytime, anywhere. Surfing the web to find sports, news, movies, sitcoms, including other live and on-demand content can be habit forming, as there is unlimited free media content available to all ages. In fact, there is more than enough entertainment to keep a person occupied for a very long time.
Not all content is easily found online. Some of the other issues include going from one website to another to watch a particular channel or show – the reason is no one site carries sports, movies, news, sitcoms, etc. So in essence, viewers are not able to stay in one location to watch everything.
Another issue… there is a wealth of worldwide streaming videos and FTA (free-to-air) channels including music and radio stations online that one must find on his/her own, and then save everything to their computer or device. This means creating specific folders (many of them) to store media website links to be retrieved for viewing later.
There is an easier and quicker way to do this. A way that allows the viewer to streamline and organize the power of Internet TV with the ability to gain access and watch favorite shows from one location. No only that but viewers can add whatever they like to favorites with a click of a button.
Internet TV software technology has grown in recent years to the point where people from all walks of life are downloading and installing software to their Windows PC, Mac and Linux computer. What makes this a popular choices is:
- No hardware, antenna, TV tuner card, wiring or additional software is required
- No monthly or hidden fees to pay
- Setup takes a couple of minutes to complete
- Small one-time fee with lifetime membership
- Service package included – tech support/software upgrades/channel updates
- Watch sports, movies, shows, news or listen to radio and music from one area
- Access to 1,000s of worldwide channels and over 80 countries
- Create an extra TV for home or traveling companion when on-the-go
What makes this technology appealing is the user saves time, effort, money where everything is made convenient so that they can watch more and surf the web less. Some of the top 3rd-party web-based TV/VOD services are Direct PCTV, IPCTV and PlayOn that can be used to set up this kind of system.
For individuals living with or without cable and satellite or want to save time and cost or simply like the idea of watching their favorite shows via computer or device, this is a way for them to tap into Internet TV without having to do most of the work themselves.
TV on Internet and Internet on TV: 4 Great Ways to Beat Cable TV
If you are one of the many people tired of being taken for granted when receiving lousy cable services and paying increasingly high subscription fees, perhaps it’s time for a change. Many subscribers have already cut cable and ditched the dish.
As a result, they are reaping high rewards when having the ability to choose what, how, when and where they want to watch favorite TV programs online. Not only that but control their costs as well which is the main reason why many are heading online to watch their favorite TV programs.
Many cable subscribers don’t realize many channels can be found online and totally free to watch. So if paying for free channels, channels you don’t watch and paying for them while away from home seem ridiculous, there are other options out there to explore – either free or low-cost.
Thank goodness times have changed and traditional television now has some competition, namely Internet TV, which is reshaping the television industry. We can now watch TV online channels and networks online including live and on-demand content, videos, sports, news, movies, and listen to radio and music from various sources. We can capture and watch the content on our Internet connected computers, tablets, mobile devices, media streaming devices, and large screen televisions .
Internet television is on the verge of exploding and a lot more is yet to come. More and more people, for whatever reason, are heading online to watch their favorite television programs – even at the cost of losing some of the traditional perks they grew up on. When becoming familiar with online TV, it grows on you. What really motivates TV viewers to give this medium a try are the available options, amount of money that can be saved, and entertainment.
Here are four popular methods and technologies that can be used to watch Internet on TV or TV on Internet:
1. Streaming Media Devices (Players/Sticks) – Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Chromecast are at the top of the popular list, with Roku 3 probably the best of the rest. These devices let you connect to major streaming services online such as Hulu and Netflix, as well as free streaming services. These devices come as set-top-boxes or sticks and offer many features that let you search a comprehensive catalog of content in various ways. They offer a very convenient way to access/watch your favorite TV shows, movies, and other content from the web. Chromecast, however, comes with its own web browser that allows you to surf the Internet and visit websites
2. Indoor HDTV Antenna – There are many indoor and outdoor antennas on the market today that allows you to watch local channels without cable or satellite. Setting up an indoor antenna is the easiest way and depending on the antenna, it can cover up to 35 miles or more. You can watch local broadcasts from TV stations in your area such as ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and so on.
This method allows TV viewers to watch live broadcasts that many thought could only be viewed on cable and satellite. One thing that will become noticeable is the picture quality/reception will be better with an antenna than cable or satellite.
3. Internet-Ready TVs – Now that smart TV prices have dropped considerably over the years, they are more affordable. These televisions come with apps and Internet connection port that virtually allow you access the web and do the same things as streaming media devices, more or less, only you can get access to TV content both on/off the Internet. Some smart TVs come with a web browser such Google Chrome that allows you to surf the web and visit websites.
4. Working with What You Already Have – No doubt you already own an Internet connected computer, tablet, and/or mobile device, which allows you to access the web, visit websites, download stuff, etc. There are plenty of free and pay-to-use resources online to access many of your favorite TV shows/networks to watch sports, movies, news, and TV shows/episodes/sitcoms/soaps. Some of the popular sources are Amazon Prime Instant video, Hulu Plus, and Netflix. There are plenty of other web TV services to watch live and on-demand content online also. With a broadband Internet connection and one of the devices mentioned above, you have everything needed to watch streaming TV channels/videos online including listening to radio and music.
Lets explore #4 a bit further. What’s great about this approach is that you use what you are working with right now, which is an Internet connected device and broadband connection. You could choose Netflix and Hulu Plus as your source for movies and TV shows/episodes/sitcoms/soaps. Buy a HDTV indoor antenna to watch all local channels in your area. Then you could choose a 3rd party web-based TV service that lets you watch any sporting event you so desire (locally and internationally).
One such web-based service that includes all sports with movies, news, TV shows and music videos comes with an annual fee just under $40. If fact, they have over 60 different types of memberships (at different price sts) that consist of 3-day trials, 1.2.3 month subscriptions, and 1,2,3 year subscriptions.
When combining just the content services mentioned above, you can create a robust web TV entertainment system that: 1) Saves money; 2) Enjoy best of web TV entertainment; 3) Access to both free and pay-to-use media content online; 4) No additional hardware; 5) Use your Internet connected device.
Besides having all this great content to watch on your device, you can also watch everything on your small/large screen TV. This setup works better when using an Internet connected computer.
You can connect the computer and television via HDMI cable, set the TV input menu to the HDMI input where the computer is connected, and everything that appears on the computer now appears on your TV. You control everything on the computer, so whatever is playing (movie, news, sporting event, or TV show) it can be seen on your TV screen with audio included.
This approach is by far the easiest and great for those living on tight budgets or fixed incomes, and individuals who are not as tech or Internet savvy.
Caution – Don’t jump the gun just yet when opting to watch TV online. You need to check your Internet broadband connection speed. Netflix requires you to have at least 5 Mbps download speed. You may be able to get by with a little less but a problem could occur during peak hours (7 PM – 11 PM) when there are many people online using the same network you are on. (Network can be household, ISP network or both)
You could experience buffering and repeated stop/play issues. If that happens, it’s best to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to see if there’s anything they can do to increase the connection speed or make it stronger, or you may have to pay an additional fee to increase the Internet connection speed. If household members are using the same network (same Internet connection), only one person may be able to watch TV online without those issues occurring as previously mentioned.
Get your Internet broadband speed up to par and you’ll be own your way to creating a robust web TV Online system on your device. You can watch TV online or offline with methods previously mentioned
and enjoy the best of web TV entertainment that others before you are enjoying.
Of course, you could consider downsizing cable or satellite when knowing what content you can get from the Internet. Any concerns about not being able to watch favorite TV episodes without paid television will not be a problem. There are all kinds of streaming services online with Hulu Plus being the most popular. On downside is waiting a day or so, after the episode airs, to watch it online.
The end result will be getting control over what you want, when and where you want to watch favorite television programs online.
Digital era gives us more chances to do some activities through online. As we know, there are some familiar things to do with internet use. First of all, you all may be very familiar to online ads and online marketing, right? On the other hand, watch TV online is not rare to find because some companies offer the ease to watch unlimited TV shows via online. Yes, you all can watch same TV shows to what you commonly watch conventionally. The difference is just placed on the method you enjoy your favorite program. If you have favorite program, but you didn’t watch the last chapter because of some factors, then you should not be sad. Why?
Now, we have good solution for you all because we have right way to help you all watch the chapter of your loved series. Commonly, we know that watching TV is one of many ways to get entertainment for stress relief. With online TV, you are going to get more benefits. So, will you take help from us? Once you enjoy the further storyline of some series, certainly you get the entertainment from it. I think there is no doubt anymore to take our best offer for watch TV online, especially when you often spend more times not in front of the television. Yes, now you can begin to choose must trusted online television provider, so it is right to ensure you will not get any problems and troubles during using internet connection to enjoy your favorite program or series. Fortunately, you can re-watch each chapter from your favorite series more and more. It will be a pride for you because you have taken right way to get what you desire and like relating to entertainment. When you are sure to take this offer, let find us!